Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Vacation!

After the birthday party in Memphis, we traveled with Bill & Lou (Bryan's aunt and uncle) on a whirlwind tour of New Orleans and south Texas. Our first stop was New Orleans. Of course we had to hit Cafe Du Monde for a snack (and breakfast the next day).

Look at those beignets and cafe au lait! Good stuff!!



The French Quarter is an amazing place. Here is a really cool statue of Joan of Arc.


There was even a jazz band playing outside Cafe du Monde.



I love this picture of a horse-drawn carriage outside St. Louis Cathedral.


And, of course I love this one of my handsome hubby beside the Mississippi River. There were riverboats and tugboats and barges.








Here we are beside the fountain in Jackson Square (just across the street from the St. Louis Cathedral).






When we left New Orleans we traveled to Houston. We took a tour of Nasa and saw an Astro's game at Minute Maid Park (only a couple of years old). Then we went on to San Antonio and the Hill Country. Every time I go to San Antonio or Gruene I remember how much I love it! The riverwalk is so much fun, as are the outlet malls and the Gristmill restaurant.

No comments: