Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fall 2011

Well, it is already December and I have not posted anything since this summer! Oops...my bad. I admit I have procrastinated some on that end, but we've also been really busy. I'll start with a quick pic of Adi on her new living room bed...it took her a while to warm up to it, but now she LOVES her new little bed. Isn't she cute!
Right before school started Bryan and I ran in a local 5K with my friend Melissa from work. Sorry about the red faces...maybe a "before" picture would have looked better. But hey, at least you can see we really did run the 2011 "Melon Dash."

We had a great time at the Texas State Fair. Here I am about to enjoy a delightful Fletcher's Corny dog beside Big Tex. I think we ate almost every fried food the fair was selling this year.


We saw an extremely talented pumpkin carver at the fair.


Here I am about to enjoy a fried banana. It is a little embarassing to me that all of the food pictures are of me...let me assure you that Bryan ate his fair share of fried foods as well. Fried moon pie, fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich, gumbo (okay that wasn't fried but you get my drift...)



And, we caught the pig races at the fair as well. We also saw the Bangles perform a few songs...yes I realize that dates us a little bit as my students would have no idea who the Bangles are. But, we had a great time at the fair!


The Texas Rangers had another big season...made it to the World Series! I've almost come to terms with them losing...almost. I sure do love the Rangers! I went to a couple of games with Susan this year (including on the 10-year anniversary of 9-11). Anyway, Josh Hamilton and one of the Cardinals players flipped the coin at the Cowboys game (ironically against St. Louis) during the World Series. It was a crazy day to be in Arlington!


After the Cowboys beat the Rams, Bryan and I walked over the the Ballpark in Arlington to catch some of the World Series fever. Tickets were of course sold out, but it was still fun to be in the atmosphere for a few minutes before racing home to catch the game on TV.


The Cowboys had a rocky start to the season, but hopefully we are headed in the right direction now.


The fall has also had some hard times. Bryan's grandfather passed away in October. We miss him dearly, but we feel so blessed to have been part of his family.


We got a new roof last week...just in time for the 2+ inches of rain! The drought is certainly not over, but we are thankful for the rain. And, Bryan surprised me with an early Christmas present last weekend. Hopefully my new camera will let me actually take pictures of the action on the field at the Cowboys games and I won't have to take pictures of the action on the jumbo-tron! Ha! Mom, Dad, and Avery visited a few week-ends ago and we had a great visit. We even took them to the new In-N-Out Burgers. I'm not going to post the embarassing picture Bryan took of me there with more food...

No comments: